What are Lightbox ads?
Lightbox ads are high-impact, interactive formats that drive brand awareness and consideration. A lightbox consists of an initial "invitation state" that resizes to a full-screen "expanded state" upon user interaction.
They can be built to responsively adapt to any device or screen size and can include rich media elements such as maps, image galleries, videos and more.
Where do they appear?
- Across desktop, mobile and tablet
- Desktop lightboxes are usually ‘hover to expand’ and tablet/mobile will be ‘tap to expand’
How are they served?
- There are currently three ways of running lightboxes: through AdWords, the DBM beta and through 3rd party vendors
- Google’s solution allows for a templated lightbox or a custom GWD format
- Third party solutions are served as tags through DBM